twenty one to fifty
1. He was stricken at twenty-one with a crippling malady.
2. We waited twenty-one years, don’t fail us now.
3. I was twenty-two — no, twenty-one.
4. When Joe is twenty – one he will have money to burn.
5. Winterton has never had a sniff of a government job in his entire twenty-one years in parliament.
6. There are fifteen books on the first shelf, twenty – one on the second, that makes thirty – six in all.
書架的第一層有15本書, 第二層有21本, 總共是36本.
7. He noticed that the clock on the mantelpiece said nine, meaning twenty – one.
8. When you’re twenty – one , you can fly off anyplace you want.
等你到 二十一 歲, 你愛到哪兒就可以飛到哪兒去.
9. These regulations relate only to people under the age of twenty – one.
10. Twenty – one of these were Greek and included five hospital ships.
11. Not yet twenty – one , she exhibited the demeanour of a woman of forty.
盡管還不到 二十一 歲, 她已經流露出四十歲女人的風度了.
12. On a crisp November day I encountered a twenty – one – year – old woman.
秋高氣爽的11月里,有一天我遇到一位21 歲 的女子.
13. Would not the light be fading at twenty – one hours on an August evening?
14. The Diet is chosen under a franchise that is universal for citizens aged twenty – one and over.
國會由年滿 二十一 歲以上的公民普遍選舉產生.
15. All the young men at Pulpit Hill who were eligible – those who were twenty – one – were going into service.
講壇山上所有適齡的青年 — 也就是說,所有二十一 歲 的青年 — 都去入伍了.
1. The village is a settlement of just fifty houses.
2. Forty or fifty women were sitting cross-legged on the ground.
3. He came to a halt at a crossroads fifty yards further on.
4. He is fifty and has been through two marriages.
5. Fifty civilians in Masawa were killed when government planes attacked the town.
6. The floods are described as the worst in nearly fifty years.
7. Opposition parties won about fifty-five per cent of the vote.
8. The finished manuscript ran to the best part of fifty double-sided pages.
9. The tug crossed our stern not fifty yards away.
10. They noticed fifty and twenty dollar bills floating in the water.
11. Fifty soldiers were taking an early morning bathe in a nearby lake.
12. In 1933 the studio cranked out fifty-five feature films.
13. Between them, they train over fifty horses in Lambourn.
14. Fifty yards of track was blown up with dynamite.
15. Fifty of its members will be elected by direct ballot.