• <legend id="fb44b"></legend>

    <li id="fb44b"><acronym id="fb44b"></acronym></li>
  • <tbody id="fb44b"></tbody>

    <li id="fb44b"><acronym id="fb44b"></acronym></li>

    1. 您的位置 首頁 問答

      哈佛大學學院情景對話:哈佛深紅報

      哈佛大學,簡稱哈佛。坐落于美國馬薩諸塞州劍橋市,是一所享譽世界的私立研究型大學,是著名的常春藤盟校成員,被公認為是當今世界最頂尖的高等教育機構之一。下面學習啦小編為大家帶來關于哈佛大學校園生活情景對話,歡迎大家學習!哈佛大學校園生活情景對話:哈佛深紅報Johnisreadingthenewspaperbeforeclass.H:HanMeimeiJ:JohnH:Hey,John,wh

      哈佛大學,簡稱哈佛。坐落于美國馬薩諸塞州劍橋市,是一所享譽世界的私立研究型大學,是著名的常春藤盟校成員,被公認為是當今世界最頂尖的高等教育機構之一。下面學習啦小編為大家帶來關于哈佛大學校園生活情景對話,歡迎大家學習!
      哈佛大學校園生活情景對話:哈佛深紅報
      John is reading the newspaper before class.
      H: Han Meimei J: John
      H: Hey, John, what are you reading?
      H:嗨,約翰,你在看什么?
      J: The Harvard Crimson.
      J:在看《哈佛深紅報》。
      H: Is it a newspaper published by Harvard University?
      H:這是哈佛大學出版的嗎?
      J: Not exactly, it’s published by Harvard Crimson, Inc.
      J:不完全是,是哈佛深紅公司出版的。
      H: Is there a difference?
      H:不是一樣的嗎?
      J: The company is independent of the university.
      J:哈佛深紅公司是獨立于哈佛大學的。
      H: I got it. A lot of universities have their own presses, and the presses have their own staff, and make their own money.
      H:我知道了。很多大學有自己的出版社,出版社有自己的員工為自己賺錢。
      J: Right. But this one is out of the ordinary. It’s non-profit, and its staff is all undergrads from Harvard College.
      J:對,但是這是一個例外。它是非盈利的,而且里面的員工都是哈佛學院的學生。
      H: Really? Did I hear it wrong?
      H:真的?我沒有聽錯吧?
      J : The newspaper is absolutely run by the Harvard College undergraduate students.
      J:報刊完全是由哈佛學院的本科生管理的。
      H: Amazing! Enough to make a cat speak!
      H:哇,真是令入驚訝
      J: Don’t appear like Columbus having discovered the New Continent.
      J:別一副哥倫布發現新大陸的樣子。
      H: But I’m really quite shocked. It may be common for students to establish a newspaper. I’ve never heard such a thing as a newspaper run by undergrads can develop into a corporation.
      H:但是我真的很驚訝。學生創建一個報刊也許很平常,但我從來沒聽說過由大學生 管理的報社能夠成為一家公司。
      J: It’s no surprise that you’re so surprised. Few college newspapers in America have their own printing presses, and The Crimson is one of the few.
      J:你這么驚訝也不奮怪。因為在美國,幾乎沒有什么大學報刊有自己的印刷設備, 哈佛大學深紅就是少有的一家。
      H: You should have told me that earlier. You made me look like a mug.
      H:你應該早點告訴我,弄得我像個傻子一樣。
      J: Sorry, no offense at all.
      J:不好意思,我不是故意的。
      H: So the newspaper is nan-profitable, and independent of the university. Am I right?
      H:所以說報社是不盈利的,并且獨立于大學,對嗎?
      J: Yes, all decisions on the content and day-to-day operations of the newspaper are made by undergraduates, having nothing to do with the university administration.
      J:對,報刊的內容和日常管理都是由學生自己決定的,與大學的行政管理設有任何關系
      H: Harvard students are, how can I put it, geniuses, given the size of the newspaper.
      H:這些學生簡直是,怎么說呢,是天才,考慮到報紙的規模。
      J: It is one of the first-class universities in the world. You know, a good university is what it is because its students are outstanding.
      J:哈佛是世界上最好的大學之一。你也知道,學校好是因為它的學生很優秀。
      H: Right. What the newspaper is about?
      H:對,報刊有些什么內客啊?
      J: It covers everything, from student activities to arts, anything you can think of.
      J:它覆蓋了所有東西,從學生的活動到藝術,任何你能想到的都有。
      H: It sure is big.
      H:還真是包羅萬象啊。
      J: Although it’s all-inclusive,it has adhered to journalistic integrity.
      J:盡管它包羅萬象,但它仍然保持新聞的完整性。
      H: That deserves respect. How often does it come out?
      H:那是值得尊重的,那多久出一期啊?
      J: One day. It’s daily newspaper, and is the only daily newspaper in our city. It comes out every morning.
      J:—天一期,是我市唯一的日報,每天早上出。
      H: Does it have enough staff, or students to report the news?
      H:有足夠的員工或者是學生報道新聞嗎?
      J: I guess so. And I believe that as long as you become one of them, you can become an editor soon,
      J:我想有,而且我相信如果你成為其中一員,你會很快成為一個編輯。
      H: An editor? Can I?
      H:編輯?我可以嗎?
      J: Yes, you can do it.
      J:你可以的。
      H: Not again! I read from your face that you’re trying to make a monkey out of me.
      H:少來,你出我洋相吧。
      J: Whoops! You saw me through.
      J:哎喲,被你看穿了。
      H: It’s so transparent. Tell me what’s going on.
      H:太明顯了。那是怎么一回事啊。
      J: It’s quite easy to be an editor of The Crimson. As long as you complete a series of requirements known as the “comp”, you can be “elected” an “editor” of the newspaper.
      J:成為深紅的編輯是很容易的。只要你能夠完成”comp”提出的一系列要求,你就 能成為報刊的編輯。
      H: Too good to be true.
      H:這讓人難以置信!
      J: Trust me. All staff members of The Crimson, including writers, photographers, and graphic designers, are technically “editors”.
      J:相信我,深紅里面所有的員工,包括作者,攝影師和圖像設計師技術上都是編輯。
      H: That’s a little cheap.
      H:有點虛偽。
      J: Don’t look down upon it. Many editors turned out to be Pulitzer Prize-winners, and even Presidents, for example President Franklin D. Roosevelt and President John F. Kennedy.
      J:不要小看啊,有許多編輯后來獲得了普利策獎,甚至成為總統,比如說富蘭克林?羅 斯??偨y和約翰?肯尼迪總統。
      H: Impressive. Anyway, “editor” wins more respect Another question I’ve been meaning to ask you, why is the newspaper called The Crimson? Is it because crimson is Harvard’s color?
      H:真讓人印象深刻。無論如何,編輯會贏得更多尊重。我還想問你一個問題,為什 么報刊名為深紅?是因為哈佛的顏色是深紅色嗎?
      J: Bingo!
      J: 對啦!